Pink Pop | Sephora Favorites #2


It's time for the second installment of my Sephora Favorites Lips Collection review!  It's taken me quite some time to try out of all these products enough to be able to judge them fairly.  These shades of pink are right up my alley as I love wearing a statement lip.  These four products all have different finishes so I'm sure there's something for everyone.


This photo does not do this product justice at all.  I wasn't anticipating much and to be honest, I thought it was a hot pink gloss!  I probably should've read the tiny label that stated it was a LIQUID LIPSTICK by Kat Von D in the color Backstage Bambi.  I therefore made the mistake of throwing it in my bag for work.  As I stated above, I love a bold lip but this lipstick was way too neon for work, however it is perfect for a night out.  It dries super matte and super vibrant.  Best thing is it didn't wear even when I was taking sips of water.  It's also really easy to reapply as it doesn't clump up in certain areas.  Overall, I'd give it an A+!


Another great lipstick is Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Never Say Never.  I'd never tried anything from Bare Minerals before, I hadn't really heard anything about their lipstick line, but I was pleasantly surprised.  It has great pigmentation and is very creamy.  It did wear away when I ate, which is natural, but it wore away very evenly making it easy to reapply.  I also love the packaging!  The silver clasp on the lid attaches to the lipstick tube so it won't fly open when it's being thrown around in your bag.


I already own a lipstick from Too Faced's La Creme line, which I love, so I had really high hopes for this one in the shade Marshmallow Bunny, but it unfortunately did not live up to my expectations.  I own the shade Loganberry (which I talked about here) which is extremely opaque and creamy.  Marshmallow Bunny barely shows up, even when I swatch it on my hand which is really disappointing.  It also goes on very unevenly and does not make my lips look appealing whatsoever.  It's really a shame since this is a full sized product and it looks like the perfect peachy-pink in the tube!


As I've stated time and time again, I'm not a gloss kind of girl.  That being said, this Smashbox Gloss in Pout didn't disappoint, but I wasn't really wowed.  It's a great shade if you want to make your lips look nude without using a skin toned lipstick.  It goes on pretty smooth and isn't too opaque, which I like to look for in such a pale shade.  It didn't have great lasting power which is why I wasn't totally wowed.  Overall, it's a nice product but I probably won't run out to buy it anytime soon.

I definitely prefer these products to the nude shades I spoke about last time.  I will probably think about repurchase the Kat Von D and Bare Minerals lipsticks as they were so pigmented and felt so nice on the lips.  The other two I will give a pass though...


Check out these products on my Luvocracy page!

0 comments:

Post a Comment