Battle of the Red Lippies | Ruby Woo vs. Lady Danger


Ruby Woo and Lady Danger

We all know I love a bold lip.  If I had to choose between eyes and lips, hands down I'd always pick lips.  And even though the holiday season is now long gone, I still can't help but rock a red lip.  As I've previously mentioned, when it comes to bold, you gotta go matte.  Here are my two favorite MAC red lipsticks that actually give you two totally different looks.

First up is Ruby Woo, your classic red.  It's not too bright and not too dark so it looks great on every skin tone.  Because it is a "retro matte" finish, a lot of people complain about how difficult it is to apply.  I agree, it is more difficult than your traditional matte lipsticks but I find that if you take your type you can get a flawless result.  A bonus to having it so matte is that it lasts all day without smudging or having to be reapplied.

Lady Danger is more of a summer shade as it's quite bright and warmed toned.  It definitely leans more towards the orange side on the color wheel.  It has a traditional matte finish so I don't find it difficult to apply at all.  The only downside is that because it is so warm toned, it has the potential to make your teeth like slightly yellow.  This doesn't bother me though, as the amazing shade makes it totally worth it!

Which shade do you prefer?

6 comments:

  1. I love Red lipstick, I want to collect so many! It's such a beautiful colour!

    Meme xx
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/ (Hope to see you around and about my blog <3)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! Red is such a classic color, it'll never go out of style!!

      Delete
  2. I love Rubby Woo and Russian Red!
    xx
    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Russian Red is on my list of lipsticks to get!

      Delete
  3. i don't really like how red lipstick looks on me but ruby woo looks lovely :)

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely a Ruby Woo girl myself, I find it being a little more blue based makes my teeth look whiter :) And I love the matte finish.

    www.kelsabelle.com

    ReplyDelete