Natural Nudes | Sephora Favorites #1


A few months back I was lucky enough to be gifted the Sephora Favorites "Give Me More Lips" Collection for my birthday.  It came with 16 lip products in a mix of full and sample sizes.  Unfortunately you can no longer by this collection any more as it was only around during the holidays, but since you can buy each of these products individually I thought I'd still share my thoughts!  The box was divided up into four sections by color.  First up: the nudes!

I already own a couple lipsticks from the Smashbox Be Legendary line, so I was anticipating this one in Nude Nylon to be just as pigmented and buttery as the rest...it definitely didn't let me down!  These lipsticks are super long lasting and feel really moisturizing on the lips even though they don't give off a great amount of shine.  The only down side is this color.  I think it would look great on someone with fair skin but I personally prefer my nudes to have a pink under tone and this one was just too brown for me.


I've heard a lot about these Laura Mercier Lip Glaces so I was really excited to try this one in Bare Naked.  Although the color doesn't lean on the pink side at all, I found that this gloss really suited me as it wasn't super opaque so it still looked really natural.  The best thing about it is that it was extremely long lasting.  I wore it for an entire day and found that I didn't have to touch it up until the late afternoon (it held up even while I ate lunch!)


Similar to the Laura Mercier Gloss, this Buxom gloss in White Russian is a cult classic.  I was a bit shocked at first because it gives you that minty, lip balm feeling when applied but it feels nice!  Again there is not a whole lot of color pay off, but it's really great to put over a bold lip if you'd like to tone down the color a tad.  It's also really long lasting and is not sticky at all.  It doesn't feel like you're wearing anything at all.


I was probably most pleased with the wear of this Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lip Color in Dolce.  It applies so smooth and sets perfectly matte.  It also feels extremely light on the lips and is not drying at all which is great for a matte product.  The only downside is I absolutely hate this color!  It's very, very brown and I can't see myself ever using it which is extremely unfortunate.  However, I'm really excited to purchase a couple in some more appealing colors!

Overall, I'm not a nudes kind of girl.  I find that I can never really pull them off.  That being said I really liked all four of these products,  however with my skin tone I'd have to try out some other shades.  Besides the colors, all of these products are very long lasting and feel great on the lips so definitely worth checking out!

Check out all of these lip products on my Luvocracy page!

0 comments:

Post a Comment