Best of Orange #3 | Lips


Hello, and happy 2015!

Now that we've rolled into the new year, I'm hoping I will become more committed to this space. That being said, it's finally time to continue with the orange series.  This definitely my favorite part.  I do love a bold orange lip, especially in the summer months.  I also find that orange lips look beautiful on every single skin tone.  I've included some lipsticks that just add a wash of color as well as some that add a nice, daring pop of color.

I think Revlon makes the best lip butters out there.  They are extremely moisturizing and add the perfect amount of color.  The shade Tutti Frutti actually has quite a bit of pigmentation but you can still just dab it on so that you catch a hint of the orange.  In addition, Revlon also makes an amazing drugstore lipstick that comes in tons and tons of shades.  Lover's Coral is a shine finish so it is still pretty sheer and has a tiny bit of glitter.  Again, it just adds a slight wash of color to your lips, so if you are just starting to test orange shades this would be a perfect option to start with.  If you're ready to try something bold from the drugstore, Maybelline's Vibrant Mandarin is the one to go with.  It is extremely pigmented and super creamy. Since it is so creamy it doesn't last very long if you're eating and drinking but I never have a problem reapplying it throughout the day.

Usually if I'm in the mood for a bright lip, I go with something matte as they tend to last longer on your lips. The Revlon Matte Balm in Audacious is a very moisturizing matte product so it applies really easily.  The shade is more of a bright peachy orange, but to me the best thing is that it has a delicious mint scent!  Topshop also makes some great lip products.  Their lipstick (which is more of a lip pencil/chubby stick...) in Hedonist is an extremely matte bright orange.  Unfortunately I couldn't find it on their website but you may still be able to find it in stores!  Going back to the drug store, I think Nyx makes one of the best matte lipsticks out there.  They don't dry to an extremely matte finish but if you blot with a tissue you can get a great matte look.  The shade Indie Flick is a darker, not so bright orange so it's easier to wear.

To me, the queen of all orange lipsticks is MAC's Morange.  It's an amplified finish so it's extremely pigment and is the most gorgeous orange shade.  It's not drying at all and also lasts all day and all night.  Seriously.  Nothing beats Morange!

Let me know if I'm missing out on any of your favorite orange lip products!

0 comments:

Post a Comment