Best of Orange #2 | Eyes

Can we all please ignore the finger prints smeared across my Sleek palette?



Orange eyeshadow is a great way to warm up your face, especially in the cooler months.  These shades especially suit those with blue eyes, as it really brings the color out and makes the blue look super bright.  Here are a few of my favorite orange shadow picks.

Maybelline Color Tattoo Caramel Cool:  This is a great warm toned cream shadow that acts as an amazing base for many different shades of brown as well as orange.  It's extremely long lasting and I've never had any problem with it creasing, just like the rest of the line.  This was a limited addition shade from earlier this year but you can still find it on Amazon.

MAC Amber Lights:  One of my favorite warm shades!  It's a very burnt copper color that still leans on the orange side of the spectrum.  It doesn't have specs of glitter in it but it has a really nice metallic sheen.  Like all other MAC shadows, this shadow is butter, smooth and is of amazing quality.  I cannot rave about this product enough!

Nyx Single Eyeshadow LOL:  I like using this shade specifically for in the crease and as a transition color.  It's a pretty basic matte bright orange.  These shadows don't have the most pigmentation but they're extremely buildable and blend out like a dream.  I really like pairing this shadow with the MAC shadow mentioned above as they really compliment each other.

Sleek Palette Sunset:  If you want a large range of warm colors, this is the palette to go for.  I've raved about Sleek before as I absolutely love their powder products.  These eye shadows are so buttery and pigmented giving them amazing value as they're extremely affordable.  These palettes also come in all different color ranges, so you can always find something you're looking for.  This palette in particular has a wide array of reds, oranges, yellows and pinks and includes a random blue shadow (I guess that's supposed to represent the sky??) and a matte black.  All the colors besides the black are metallic.  I've swatched the bright orange here and just to prove how pigmented it is, I barely had to touch the shadow.

Sephora Moonshadow Baked Palette In the Tropics:  These shadows are all really iridescent and have tons of sparkle in them.  As with all baked shadows, they can be used wet or dry.  I've swatched it wet here using some MAC Fix+ on my brush.  When wet, they look like liquid metals!  This palette is limited edition, but it's still available (and on sale!) on Sephora's website.


Would you rock and orange eye?

0 comments:

Post a Comment