Deep Reds | Sephora Favorites #3

I'm finally getting around to writing my third post on the Sephora Favorites Lips Collection.  This time it's all about the reds!


A great everyday statement lip product is this Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural lipstick in N45.  It's a very sheer deep red lipstick which feels very hydrating and balmy.  Because it is quite moisturizing, it glides on very easily.  If you want to get away with brighter shades during the day, I would check this line out, however at $23 I think the full size version is quite expensive for a sheer lipstick.


This Kat Von D Foiled Love Lipstick in Adora is not your average red lipstick.  It's a very warm toned red with tiny gold specks in it that give the lipstick a "foiled" effect when applied to your lips.  I was a bit worried when I first looked at the product in the tube, but it looks stunning when it's on, especially on those with fair skin.  Another bonus, this lipstick slightly stains the lips making it very long lasting.


I was really eager to try one of the Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipsticks as they have been all the rage in the beauty blogger realm, and this one in Icon did not disappoint.  It sets fairly matte and lasts quite a long time as long as your not eating or drinking too much.  It wasn't too drying compared to other matte liquid lipsticks that I've tried and it was fairly easy to apply for the first time.  The only downside was that it did not reapply very evenly.  When I tried to add another coat after it had worn of during the day, it became a little clumpy and I ended up having to take all the product off and to my bare lips.


My favorite red lip product was this Bite Beauty High Pigment Product in Pomegranate.  It is extremely pigmented and glides on so smoothly.  It doesn't stain the lips very much but it is still a long lasting product.  The pencil shape also makes it very easy to apply.  Plus, this classic shade will suit all skin tones!

Hopefully it won't be too long till the fourth and final installment of these reviews!

0 comments:

Post a Comment