Nightly Skincare Routine


I am no expert when it comes to skincare, but I have found a system that seems to work well with me. My skin can get a little bit oily throughout the day, and I tend to get mini hormonally breakouts occasionally, so if you're skin type is similar to mine, then you might want to try some of these products!

Before I do anything, I make sure to remove all my make up.  Eye makeup can highly irritate your eyes if left on over night, and base makeup can clog up pores causing oil skin that can result in breakouts.  I like using the Neutrogena Hydrating Makeup Remover Wipes because they really take off all of my waterproof eye makeup.  There are a few different types of Neutrogena wipes, but the hydrating ones don't leave your skin feeling thirsty for moisture.


After I remove all my makeup I jump in the shower and use this L'Oreal Go 360 Clean Deep Exfoliating Scrub.  I stumbled upon this gem a few months back and have already repurchased it quite a few times.  Of all the products mentioned in this post, this is the one that I am sure to use every single night as it leaves my pores feeling super clean but the exfoliating beads are so small and gentle my skin doesn't feel irritated at all.  The scrub comes with this little rubber pad that has little ridges in it so you can get in all the little creases of your face.  My face has never felt as smooth as it does after I use this.


I love Lush products because they're all made with natural ingredients and the company strives on being free of any animal testing.  I feel like Ultrabland is a cult classic, but it is definitely worth all the hype it receives.  It is a blend of oils, honey and beeswax that is great for breaking down the toughest of makeup, but I like using it just to thoroughly clear out all my pores.   It also leaves my skin feeling really soft and moisturized.  You only need to lather a pea-sized amount all over your face.  It won't be absorbed by your skin, but instead it will leave an oily residue.  I know some people like using a toner on some cotton pads to remove it, but I find it easier to take a damp wash cloth to wipe of the cleanser.

I then follow up with a moisturizer.  I haven't really found that different moisturizers react differently on my skin, so I've just stuck with this Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer that I've used for years.  It's nothing special, but it's great because I can use it year round since it's got a bit of SPF in it.


If I'm having a bad skin week and I've had some break outs, I like to add some treatments right before I go to bed.  The Neutrogena Rapid Clear Daily Pads are great for all over the face.  They're small moist cotton pads soaked in a mixture consisting of salicylic acid.  Neutrogena claims that these pads will clear up your skin in as short as eight hours.  I'm not sure if they make your skin completely clear, but I can feel the acid immediately working as soon as I clean my face with these pads.

The Yes to Tomatoes Acne Stick is also stocked with salicylic acid but unlike the Neutrogena pads, it acts as a spot treatment.  You're supposed to use the roller ball throughout the day but I stick to using it at night as it really dries out the acne spots after just one use.  The next morning I can instantly see less redness.  It's also really soothing as the roller bowl cools the spots.

I also like to use a mask about twice a week.  Lately I've been loving this Formula 10.06 Deep Down Detox Mask.  It helps reduce the redness and brighten my skin while leaving my face feeling nice and smooth.  As with all masks, I my skin always feels a little dehydrated after I wash it off so I make sure to follow up with a moisturizer.

Let me know if there are other products I should try out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment