Hong Kong | China Part I

View of Kowloon
I must apologize for my lack of posts the last few weeks, but I have a fairly good reason!  I traveled to China with my family for the two weeks and I fully intended on keeping up with my blog.  Now, I knew that certain social media sites were blocked through Chinese servers, but I had no idea that those sites included the likes of Twitter, Youtube...and Blogger!  So my honest intentions were abruptly put on hold until I returned to the States.

I know this post doesn't correlate with the rest of my blog, but I want to document my travels and share some pics so that I can look back at them in the future.  Plus, I always like reading travel blogs as a source of inspiration for future trips or as a reminder of some places I've been, so hopefully you will enjoy this series as well!

If you couldn't tell from the title, our first stop of the trip was Hong Kong.  I had never been to Hong Kong and I didn't really know what to expect.  I knew that it would have a big city vibe, but I had no idea that the city would be as beautiful as it was!  We stayed in Kowloon, which is on the mainland but traveled to the island during the day to take a tour around.  I loved that a mountain range separated the city life from the resort, beachy life.  Because of its history, I knew that their would be plenty of tourists as well as residents from the UK, most of whom stayed in the tall apartment complexes located in the middle of the mountains.  I took a few pictures while I was there, but I wish I had taken more!


View of the north side of the island from Kowloon

Jackie Chan's hand prints!


This picture was taken from the peak, up in the mountains of the island but you can also see Kowloon off in the distance.



Public barbecue!

We took a sampan out to this giant floating restaurant.




Keep an eye out for part two!

2 comments: